Beginner Drawing Class Registration
Let loose your creativity during Roberson’s 8-week drawing class!
Your instructor, Nancy Ryan, has over 20 years of experience in the arts. She’ll guide you step-by-step through the drawing process showing you how to use space and shadow to create scenes with depth and movement. You’ll learn the proper technique to exercise your drawing muscles and make your new portfolio of pieces flow!
We’ll begin with learning to SEE like an artist–breaking down complex forms into simple shapes. Then we’ll graduate up to using the still lifes within Roberson’s beautifully laid-out nature exhibition to inspire and create dynamic scenes.
This drawing class contains more than 20 hours of instruction. Plus, use the backdrop of the Roberson Museum’s stunning exhibitions as your source material. Drawing materials to complete the course are included with registration.
*Each course has a limit of 7 openings to maintain social distancing and COVID-19 safety standards. Students 16 years and older are welcome to register. All students must be registered to participate. No substitutes may be sent to class.
Masks must be worn at all times
Spring 2021 Registration is Closed
WEDNESDAYS: 10AM – 1PM
Instructor: Nancy Ryan
March 24 – May 12
All materials included
members $200, non-members $260
Check back in late Summer for Fall registration.
Students receive with registration:
- Ebony Pencil
- Charcoal Pencils
- #2 Pencil
- Compress Charcoal Sticks
- Conte Crayon
- Kneaded Eraser
- Newsprint Pad
- Sketch Pad
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Visitor capacity is reduced to 25% of maximum capacity.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must where protective face coverings that cover the nose and mouth while at the Museum.
- Social-distancing and one-way markers are located throughout the Museum.
- Plexi-glass panels are installed at the admissions desk and gift shop checkout.
- Limited on-site contact by offering cashless payment options.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces is conducted throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the museum.
- Coat check is temporarily closed.
- Drinking fountains are not available.
- Elevators are available on a limited basis. Capacity has been reduced to two people or one family at a time.
- Enhanced ventilation, doubling the Museum’s air exchange to be set at 20 per hour.